6.21.2009

The Japanese Art of Kare-a-o-kay




Every Friday night we have a team social, planned and provided for by either Team This or Team That. Hannah and I (Holli) are members of Team That, which was responsible for this past Friday's social: dinner and karaoke!

We reserved two private rooms at the Pullman, the finest establishment this side of Bangkok. (Seriously! This is where the King stays when he visits Khon Kaen. I bet he would have come and sang with us if he were here.) The rooms were a-mazing! They were decorated with Aboriginal masks (Hannah is hidden behind one in the second picture) and were connected, as well as the music and lyrics, which made for some great team bonding! Jordan dedicated a song to Hannah: "Quit Playing Games With My Heart", Hannah dedicated a song to Jordan: "That Don't Impress Me Much," and I thought only of myself. :o)

The best part of Thai Karaoke is that there were no performances. Everyone sang and danced together, while laughing at the horrible videos that went along with the lyrics. Seriously! Tell me how a video featuring the London Skyline goes with "Hit Me Baby One More Time"?? Awesome! If anyone knows of a place like this in Florida, Hannah would like to go for her birthday in August! (Shh... It's a surprise. Don't tell her.)

Jordan is a member of Team This. I wonder what they've got planned for this week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment